Deutsche Umwelthilfe (Environmental Action Germany), a NGO dealing with environmental and consumer protection, would like to ask if you are interested in participating in a network of NGOs and in joining us for a networking event and a study tour to Brussels.
We are looking for Central and Eastern European NGOs which work with clean energy, energy efficiency and/ or renewable energy on a national level and would like to expand the work on a European level. In order to assist with this goal, we have received funding in the framework of a European Climate Initiative (EUKI) project to carry out networking events and study tours to Brussels in order to get to know the political structures, ways how to get your voice heard in Europe, learn about funding programmes and supportive foundations as well as other important actors with whom it is possible to collaborate. We will be able to cover travel costs for these trips.
- regular updates on energy efficiency and renewable energy legislation as well as other climate change and energy related subjects on EU level;
- supporting you with an overview on EU financial support mechanisms (funding programmes, foundations etc.);
- Information on how to address your policy makers on EU and national level;
- Invitations to study tours and networking events in Brussels with policy makers and civil society actors (reimbursement for travel costs is included);
- Connecting you to other European NGOs on national and EU.
What we expect from you is to keep up-to date on developments in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy in your country and share this information with the network, when possible and at least one participation in one of the study tours / networking events.
What we like to achieve within the EUKI Project called “Accelerating the energy transformation of Central and Eastern Europe and learning from the German experience”, in which we work with Bankwatch and the think-tank E3G, is that you will have the chance to get a first toe into European energy and climate politics and find ways to represent the needs of your country in Europe.